Sunday, February 28, 2010

reading lables and an update on me

As Kim and I were shopping today I made some observations while reading the packaging of the food we were considering. I picked up a package and at first glance it was 190 calories for this package of chicken poppers of some sort. It was the same size as single serving stuff I get all the time. What a caloric deal. When looking closer I noticed there were 1.5 servings in this package which meant the serving size was totally inadequate for me anyway. There was also 285 calories in this package. It is important we look closely at the items we purchase. We need to look at calories per serving but also serving per package to make sure we aren’t being scammed.




I am now down 40lbs. I am now at 275. I am able to go faster longer at the gym and I feel stronger as well. I have cut my work outs a bit. I am doing about every other day and only once a day. This change came from the fact that doing it more slowed my weight loss. I am still eating between 1500 and 1600 calories a day. Kim and I have been talking and think it is important to explain that this is NOT a diet. These are not changes that will end when we reach some target. This is a way of being healthful that we will continue for life. When we reach the targets we set we will make the adjustments to maintain where we need to be. We also practice allowance days not cheat days. It may seem not important but I will not participate in something that goes against my goals. However the reason I want to be healthful is to have more experiences in life and enjoy things more. Make sure when you have your allowance days they are truly a treat and taste good. Ours do not involve fast food because card board is not a treat to me. Our treats may involve Greek food or Sushi, or well, you get the idea.

I am grateful for relaxing days, crazy, puppies, a partner going on this journey with me, and my ability to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment