Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Beginning again:)

Ok, I have been doing things to improve my health body, mind, and spirit. On my path I have been inspired by the teaching of the Buddha. Relax, I am not converting anyone to anything. The Buddha simply learned what human suffering was and what caused it and how to stop it. I have started a process and if it can help anyone I want to share.




Part of this Journey involves eating right. I have fought in every way possible eating healthy food, exercise, and watching calories. I am finally submitting to the process. You can go to www.caloriecount.com or www.webmd.com and go to the section that has to do with weight loss or calorie calculator. I have checked both of these places I know now that with the fact I am 284lbs and do light to moderate exercise I need about 2800 calories to maintain my current weight. This means if I only eat 1500 calories a day I am creating a 1300 calorie deficit a day. Let the pounds come off!!! I have been tracking my progress since 1/3/10 and have dropped 30lbs to date.



The first few weeks were crazy not because it was hard to eat 1200 to 1500 calories but because you have to learn the calories in things and begin to measure things. A food scale has been an awesome tool so has the book "The Calorie counter" by NOLAN AND HESLIN. I frequently use the website www.caloriecounter.com , it is so simple and easy to use. So now I am about 5 weeks in and it is so much easier. I have created a mental filter as well.

A. Will this be physically filling

B. Is this food healthful

C. Does it TASTE GOOD

In the future I will be posting samples of my menus recipes for good food and a comentary on my progress. Please submit comments and questions on anything I can help with. If I don't know something I will research it and post what I find.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! You amaze me. It is great to see the progress. Great job at the gym. Thanks for your inspiration. (I am also SUPRIZED that your blog back ground is PINK:))

    ReplyDelete