Sunday, February 21, 2010

Lessons learned.

Today has been one of those days where everything involves some sort of lesson. While I was listening to music on the elliptical today, I had the stark realization that I was finally living the way I should. The song that was playing brought up some very angry feelings that must have been tucked away for 15+ years. Days of the taunting by school kids and name calling by my ex husband all came back. The music was the trigger and the machine was my release. Exercise equals therapy! Dawnna and I discussed how I felt and thank goodness she understood where I was coming from. We both have inner demons that we have to work on. Thank goodness we don’t have to go it alone.


One topic we did discuss is those people out there that think taunting someone is going to magically help them lose weight or make a change. Take it from me, taunting and teasing doesn’t motivate you to do anything. Creating mental scars does not motivate. Although, now it does make me angry enough to RUN on that machine.  :)

In the afternoon, I was on the phone when my second lesson of the day happened. I won’t get into all the things discussed as it’s not relevant to my lesson learned haha! Here’s what that phone call gave me. Being healthy and living healthy isn’t about just eating right and exercising. It’s about being true to yourself; being real with those around you; living life without regrets and learning from the times you have made mistakes. We all make mistakes but we have to learn not to repeat them. You aren’t really living healthy until you learn to do these things.

Here’s to living healthy!!

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment