Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Where to begin!

Hey Folks!  Kim here!  I can't begin to tell you how excited I am for the blog.  This is an idea that we have kicked around for a while. I'm glad Dawnna finally jumped out there and did it. 

So where do I begin to put in my two cents? :)  Well, it's been just over a month since we started this journey.  We began on January 3rd.  It did not come without setbacks.  Not two weeks in, I had to have surgery.  Pesky appendix!  It slowed my progress but not my drive.  I still didn't derail my new found eating habits.  Another setback...my never ending sweet tooth!!!  I have an addiction to chocolate!  HA!  This is where Dawnna and I differ.  She craves the savory things.  I crave sweet and carbs!  I'll share some of those tips later.

All in all I hope we are able to share great information with you that read.  We have been asked many times in the last few weeks what we are eating and how to prepare it.  Here we will have the opportunity to share. 

Tonights dinner menu: 
Smoked pork loin chops - 3.5 oz (195 calories)
Red potatoes (5 oz) with 1tbs I can't believe it's not butter- 170 calories
1/2 cup green beans with 1 slice center cut bacon* (use rendered fat instead of butter) -55 calories.
*its important to use a center cut bacon as it has less calories than other cuts.

Total calories for dinner: 420.

No comments:

Post a Comment