Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Reality Check

So, not every day is a feel good get on it day. Today I woke up unmotivated annoyed at the scale and just lacking inspiration to do the things I know I need to. However, I still got up and got dressed and made my way in the cold to the gym. I felt better when I finished, still annoyed with the scale. I think that is a realization though. It is not about the number on the scale it is about being healthy and that is just one way to track your progress. I am down about 34 lbs. I also went from a size (men’s sizes) 54 to 46 pant size. My blood sugar has been completely in normal healthy ranges for a couple of weeks. I am beginning to be able to control my heart rate while working out. I know the days I wake up and do not want to go to the gym and want to eat the worst crap I can find are the days I have to go to the gym. I know no matter how much progress I make I am one bad decision away from sabotaging myself. I know I have to keep writing and keep learning and keep a focus on the big picture without getting caught up in the numbers for 1 day or 1 week. I know I can not do this alone and for the people who are interested and following this or who join me at the gym or who live with me and put up with my insanity  It all helps and Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment